Wednesday 29 July 2009

Eve Hart

Eve Hart with Mindscape no. 1: Sail Away

My work has two differing though connected strands. I have always worked from direct observation but in recent years I have also made works of an abstract and sometimes symbolic nature. The painting for this exhibition falls into the second category. It has for me a special
significance as it marked my return to painting after the loss of my husband, the artist Robert Hart last November.

The starting point was a portrait I had made of my husband some twenty five years ago. What has emerged is an imaginary landscape, the first of a series. For me it carries much meaning and resonance. The viewer may see it quite differently.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eve

    Do you have a print for sale of the work you did on the fairground ride on the Barry Island seafront with the dutch gable seafront buildings in the background?

    Cheers

    Gareth

    ReplyDelete